Lawn Mower Corner and its affiliated entities (collectively, "we", "us," "our") are committed to protecting individual privacy and maintaining the trust of our customers ("Customers") and visitors to our websites (collectively, "Visitors"). It is important to us that we provide transparency regarding our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data. This includes information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. We refer to this information interchangeably as "Personal Data" or "Personal Information" throughout this policy.
1. What Does This Privacy Notice Apply to?
This Privacy Notice describes how we use, share, and protect the Personal Data of Customers and Visitors who visit our site. It also describes the rights and choices regarding use, access to, and correction of Personal Data available.
2. What Information Do We Collect and Why?
We may collect Personal Data in various ways, such as when you: enter into a transaction or contractual arrangement with us; participate in our programs or activities; provide data at industry events and trade shows; visit our facilities or we visit you at your offices; contact our customer service; or in connection with your inquiries and communications with us.
We have created the following table to help you understand the categories of Personal Data that we are responsible for and process as a data controller:
a. For Customers: contact information such as email address, phone number, address, personal identifiers such as first and last name, operational data such as transactions, sales, purchases
3. What Are Our Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data?
We collect and process Personal Data about you only where we have a legal basis for doing so. Our legal bases for processing Personal Data are dependent on the purpose and context of the processing activity.
Our legal bases include:
a. Legitimate Interests (Customer Data)
We process Customer Data to further our own legitimate interests, which may include:
- providing our Customers with our Products;
- continuously improving, customizing, and personalizing our Products;
- taking measures to protect against fraud, spam, and abuse; and/or
- aggregating and/or anonymizing Customer Data, so that they will no longer be considered Personal Data. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose. We will engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest.
b. Consent (Customer Data)
We obtain consent to send marketing communications to our potential Customers and leads. Where you have provided your consent to receive marketing communications from us, you can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on an unsubscribe link in each marketing communication or changing settings in your account, but doing so will not affect the processing that has already taken place.
c. Contractual Necessity
We process Customer Data based on contractual necessity, which may include providing the Products to our Customers.
4. How Do We Use Personal Data?
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Products and services you request from us. This includes storing and retrieving Personal Data as needed by our Customers, processing transactions with Customers, communicating with our Customers, and for any other purposes that our Customers request;
- As otherwise required or permitted by law;
- To improve, modify, and measure the performance of our Platforms.
5. How Do We Disclose Personal Data?
We will not disclose any Personal Data we collect from you to any third parties except as indicated below:
- Service Providers. We may disclose Personal Data to our service providers who perform certain services necessary to run our business (for example, data hosting and development, data analysis, customer service, auditing and other services), provided that these service providers have entered into legally binding agreements with us to protect the Personal Data shared, limit their use of the Personal Data, and assist us with our compliance requirements.
- Legal Request. We may disclose Personal Data to comply with applicable law and our regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations (which may include laws outside your country of residence), to respond to requests from public and government authorities (which may include authorities outside your country of residence), to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of sixteen (16) without authorization by a holder of parental responsibility. If you believe that we may have collected Personal Data from or about a child under the age of sixteen (16) without such authorization, please contact us.
When we rely on service providers that may require access to your Personal Information, we require them to have adequate privacy and security standards.
However, no data security measures can guarantee complete security; we also depend on you to take common sense steps to ensure your Personal Information remains secure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Platforms. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Platforms.
8. Information for California Consumers
The information and rights in this section apply specifically to California residents.
Lawn Mower Corner does not sell, trade, or rent out our Visitor's Personal Information for compensation, nor have we done so in the preceding twelve months.
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed Personal Information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Currently, Lawn Mower Corner does not disclose Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Thus, upon receipt of such a request by a California consumer, and as required by California state law, we will either (1) respond with a confirmation that we have not disclosed any Personal Information to third parties in the previous calendar year, or (2) if our practices have changed, we will provide the categories of Personal Information that has been shared in the past 12 months and categories of third parties to whom such Personal Information was disclosed, whichever is relevant.
To exercise any of your rights as a California consumer, you can submit a request.
Before complying with your request, we will need to verify that it is you that is making the request. To accomplish this, you may be requested to (1) confirm specific Personal Information that we already know about you; and/or (2) provide us with appropriate identification and documentation as we request. California consumers are limited to two requests for Personal Information per twelve-month period.
Only you or an authorized agent may make a verifiable data subject request related to your Personal Data.
The verifiable data subject request must provide sufficient information and documentation to allow us to verify that you (or an authorized agent) are the person about whom we collected Personal Data.
We will not provide you with Personal Data if we cannot verify your identity and/or authority to make the data subject request and confirm the Personal Data belongs to you or the represented individual. We use Personal Data provided in a verifiable data subject request solely to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our response to the email address for that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our response by US mail or electronically at the email address in your request, at your option.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable data subject request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
9. Retaining Your Personal Data
We retain Personal Data for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which they were obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Products to you;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
10. Updates to this Privacy Notice
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page, with a notice that it has been updated on our main homepage. If we make material changes to how we treat your Personal Data, we will notify you through a notice on the homepage. You are responsible for visiting our site and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
11. Updating Your Information and Contacting Us